Party Wall Services:

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 imposes various procedures to be followed when building on or in close proximity to a boundary or a neighbouring building. To find out the more precise implications it is essential to obtain professional advice from somebody such as a Chartered Building Surveyor. Samways Surveying Ltd can offer advice on whether The Act applies and if so, which section of The Act applies.

Under the terms of The Act it is necessary to serve the correct notice on the neighbouring owner(s) and follow the required procedures – failure to do so can cause significant problems and delays.

If you have been served with a Party Wall Notice from your neighbour you are entitled to appoint your own Party Wall Surveyor and depending on the circumstances, this will normally be at the expense of person who has served notice.

Samways Surveying Ltd are fully qualified to act as Party Wall Surveyors with many years experience acting for building owners proposing to carry out work or for neighbouring owners who find themselves on the receiving end of a Party Wall Notice.